Do you know how to be popular at a pharmacy? Get a prescription filled for a dog. I’ve been back to pick up refills a few times, and even if my favorite pharmacist was busy when I came to the counter, she recognized me and always waved. The last time I actually spoke to her, she had another dog story. The theme again was how pets are important to us and how they can get expensive. Again, I think this story was from her sister. Her little dog was outside loose (I didn’t ask if this was the same dog from before) and the mailman came by and sprayed the dog with Mace. The dog had to go to the vet, of course, racking up big bills.
Another time, I called the pharmacy to see if the refill was ready. I didn’t speak to my regular pharmacist though. I think I got the pharmacy manager instead, because I remember seeing his name plaque on the wall. But he also proved amusing. He told me that the refill was ready, so I said I would be in to pick it up after work at about 5:00. He kindly informed me that they are open until 9:00, so if I got an offer to go out to dinner after work, I should feel free to do that! Since no dinner offers came through, I saw him promptly at 5:00.
This sadly may be the end of the pharmacist stories. I am getting one more refill at Meijer, then I may be getting Cota’s prescriptions by mail-order because it lots cheaper. With a price tag of $90 a month, maybe the pharmacists think I should have some entertainment while spending all that money. I have enjoyed it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment